GOAL: To teach and promote responsibility, reinforce positive behavior and develop character in adolescent males.
WHY: The passage from boyhood to manhood is challenging, requiring adolescent males to understand and manage many issues and transitions. Passport to Manhood addresses critical issues that young men face during this time, such as ethics, decision making, wellness, fatherhood, employment and careers, cooperation and conflict, diversity, relationships and self-esteem.
WHO: Male Club members ages 11 to 14
WHAT: Passport to Manhood is a 14-session program that concentrates on specific aspects of manhood through highly interactive activities. Each Club member participant is issued his own "passport" to underscore his personal journey of maturation and growth. One session is conducted each week, with each activity to be completed within 60 to 90 minutes.
• Session I Getting to Know You
• Session II Values in Personal Decision Making
• Session III Code of Ethics
• Session IV Personal Wellness
• Session V Substance Abuse
• Session VI Responses to Authority
• Session VII Relationships with Girls
• Session VIII Fatherhood and the Family
• Session IX Employment and Careers
• Session X Personal Leadership and Community Responsibility
• Session XI Diversity
• Session XII Cooperation and Conflict
• Session XIII Self-Esteem and Image
• Session XIV Graduation